About “Sandy Sidebar Blog” – Resumes & Job Search
- Sandra Jackson, Principal Resume Writer
- JobTownResumes.com Resume Service
- The Sandy Sidebar Blog
- Resume Store of resume products
- Free Book List: DIY resume writing books
Copyright © Sandra A. Jackson, JobTownResumes.com and the Sandy Sidebar Blog, 2013. All rights reserved.
The Sandy Sidebar Blog is written by me, Sandra Jackson, CEO and Founder of JobTownResumes.com, a resume service that writes and designs a wide variety of resume products tailored to a job hunter’s background.
“Above all, I hope you find these blogs informative and helpful, but I also hope they put a smile on your face.”~Sandy Jackson
Bragging Rights: I live in beautiful Monterey with my husband, have a gorgeous daughter who is a charismatic College Professor and am the evil-step-mother (just kidding about the ‘evil’ part) of a very handsome and talented Football Coach. My specialty is providing advice on job hunt strategies, writing tailored resume products, all from an office that overlooks the Monterey Bay. Just give me Yoga, Chocolate, & Kona Coffee and I’m good to go! Big Fan of humor, movies, books, & sports,
Background: I have over 17 years of experience as an IT Recruiter and 7 years as a Technical and Marketing Writer. As an IT recruiter, I constantly evaluated, critiqued, wrote, and rewrote thousands of resumes. As a technical and marketing writer, I wrote technical manuals and collateral marketing material about surgical and diagnostic medical lasers.
My constant sidekick is a small messenger bag holding a tablet bookmarked with electronic articles about resumes and job hunting, a hard copy of The Gregg Reference Manual, and resources on how to find a Career Coach. I am a current member of the National Resume Writers’ Association.
- Knowledge of technical occupations, including healthcare professionals, administrative assistants, software developers, system administrators, IT architects, supply chain architects/developers, web developers/ designers, graphic artists, database developers, network administrators, application/ system programmers, quality assurance engineers, desktop support, managers, marketing/technical writers, and course developers.
- Knowledgeable about types of resumes, including reverse chronological, functional, combination, and targeted resumes.
- Certificate, Technical Editing, San Jose State University
- Sidekick: The Gregg Reference Manual, style, grammar, usage, and formatting.
- Professional Memberships: National Resume Writer Association (NRWA)
“Easy reading is damn hard writing.” ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne